Advocacy & Education Committee: Leverages public policy change and public funding to champion solutions to the issues reflected in our membership-approved grants
- Develop relationships with community partners and grantees
- Alert our members of ways to advocate for positive change
- Plan and orchestrate educational events to shine a light on issues directly impacting women and girls in our community
Grants Committee: Evaluates grant proposals and makes site visits to make informed funding recommendations to the membership
- Read, discuss and vote on all proposals
- Research issues related to the grant proposals in order to make informed decisions
- Serve as members of site visit teams to learn more about applicants' projects
Membership & Communications Committee: Recruits and retains members of the giving circle
- Coordinate and host events such as Celebrate WFW and the Spring Gathering
- Contact new members to welcome them and answer questions
- Ensure members have the information they need to speak confidently about the work of the giving circle and encourage women to join
The Steering Committee provides oversight to the three standing committees, manages the giving circle's administrative budget, and develops the giving circle's strategic plan. There is a nominating process for the Steering Committee and openings for new members are available on a rotating basis.
For more information about WFW Committees, contact Tricia Wilson.
Women for Women Steering Committee
Julia Akers, Chair