$10,000 Supports Construction of Village Green Activities Facility
The Village Green was awarded $10,000 toward the construction a cultural events and community activities facility. The Village Green provides a central indoor arts and culture resource as well as community all-weather gathering space to host job fairs, blood drives, classes, workshops, recitals, readings, performances and more. The Village Green will promote community building and public engagement around important issues including health and wellness, success of children and youth and regional arts and culture.
- Animal Friends for Life (dba Friends for Life Forever Farm) - $5,000 to provide equipment, facility upgrades, and medical support for senior and special needs animals at the sanctuary.
- Blue Ridge Mountains Health Project, Inc. - $10,000 for salary support of the staff dentist in order to increase access to free dental health care.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Plateau - $10,000 to provide staff and material support for its Academic Success programming.
- Cashiers-Highlands Humane Society - $10,000 for its low-cost or free spay/neuter program.
- Community Care Clinic of Cashiers-Highlands - $10,000 for general support of its free health care services to uninsured, low income residents.
- Fishes & Loaves Food Pantry Inc. - $8,000 to purchase food for distribution to those in need.
- Friends of Panthertown - $10,000 for staff and material support to coordinate volunteers who will maintain, protect, and improve the recreational opportunities in Panthertown Valley.
- Hampton School Inc. - $10,000 to support operating costs for an early childcare program serving children under the age of three.
- Highlands-Cashiers Land Trust - $6,500 to support the Kids in Nature Program.
- Hospice House Foundation of WNC - $10,000 for the construction of a hospice inpatient facility in Franklin, NC that will serve WNC.
- Jackson County Parks and Recreation - $10,000 to complete the Cashiers/Glenville Recreation Center walking trail.
- ML Performing Arts Center - $10,000 for the Youth Theater program, which serves schools in Highlands and Cashiers.
- Mountain Youth Charities/Junior Appalachian Musicians - Blue Ridge - $8,000 for operating costs of the Junior Appalachian Musicians (JAM) Blue Ridge chapter.
- Summit Charter School - $10,000 for completion of the Chromebooks Initiative and continuation of the ELL Rosetta Stone Program.
- The Bascom - $10,000 for the Cashiers Community Engagement and Outreach Initiative, a project aimed to deliver quality arts education and experiences to residents of Jackson County.
- The Village Green - $10,000 toward the construction of a cultural events and community activities facility.
See all grants since inception. Download Grant History.
Affiliate Advisory Boards provide The Community Foundation with crucial leadership and local expertise as we partner to raise funds for our region.